Saturday, August 24, 2013

One of My Book Pet Peeves

One of my biggest book pet peeves is when the cover model differs in a major way from the character description given in the book. I had this issue with a lot of the Vampire Academy books (I loved that series, by the way). 

This time, my issue is with the first book of Kady Cross's Steampunk Chronicles, The Girl in the Steel Corset. Okay, here's the cover image. 


This cover model's hair is obviously dark--a dark brown. The character that this is supposed to be--Finley--is described as having "honey-colored hair". So for quite a while I've been picturing this lovely girl on the cover, and dark brown hair. Then later on, I'm told she has honey-colored hair. "Honey-colored" suggests a dark blonde color. This throws me off because it totally messes up the original looks of the character I pictured with my mind's eye. I'm a very visual person so these instances bother me! By the way, this post is not meant to hate on this book. I'm enjoying it so far. I just wanted to share a rant I often have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment